Legal stuff is hard. We can make it easier.
“Will I get a fair mediation?”
This is the same process as face-to-face mediation. Research shows that the trust in a mediator in an online process is the same as a brick and mortar process.
“How can I be sure the mediator will understand me?”
We will have time for private conversions. It’s my job to understand you, and I am extensively trained, experienced, and committed to doing that at every step of the way.
“I’m already stressed and now using Zoom is something else to worry about. What if I’m not good with technology stuff?”
We’ll make this simple. All you have to do is click on a link. I will send you a link and we can even practice using it ahead of the schedule joint session. It is a safe, reliable, and high quality platform. Before the first joint Zoom sessions, I will practice with each party (free of charge) using the Zoom room to make sure everything is working. This only takes 5 minutes. In the meantime, see below for the link to an 8-minute client tutorial on using Zoom.
“What if my microphone, video, internet, etc. won’t work?”
That can happen and we have backup options. Zoom is a very effective tool, but not the only tool we have in our box. In fact, it’s best to use a combination of modalities.
”What are the benefits of Zoom Mediation?”
- Faster scheduling and saves you money!
- Physical geography is no longer a barrier
- We can schedule in smaller chunks
- Pay online
- Instant access to resources during the Zoom session(s)
- Drafting an agreement is faster when we can all work on it together with a shared screen (rather than passing it back and forth via email)
- Easy to take a break whenever needed
- Unlike in a brick and mortar room, only one person can speak at a time (and only in a normal volume, otherwise their voice will be garbled).
- It is a safe process. All of our Zoom mediator host settings conform with recommendations of the International Council of Online Dispute Resolution (ICODR)
- Click here for an 8-minute Zoom tutorial by Dr. Clare Fowler of mediate.com
What We Do
Negotiation and Dispute Resolution
At Pactum Factum, our mission is to leverage science and law to inform the art of negotiation and dispute resolution resulting in a process that can breed elegant, durable, creative and practical outcomes.
pactum factum (Latin): A done deal
2950 Buskirk Avenue, Suite 300
Walnut Creek CA 94597
1 (925) 322-0545